Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Bug

I have to apologize that I haven't put up any pictures recently or finished updating the past 6 months. This week I've been dealing with Bryce being more fussy than normal as he's cutting his first 2 teeth, my grandmother being in the hospital (which she is doing better, getting some of her vision back, all tho still blurry, and she is going to be moved to the 5th floor, rehab floor, of the hospital for the next 2-3 weeks) and as of Thursday night I began to feel yucky. I started getting a soar throat. Yesterday, Friday, "the bug" traveled to my sinuses as well as Kristina's. So today she and I have been feeling yucky and Vanessa began to have a fever. Bryce seams to be doing better which is great but I very excited that Ben would be home to help me today. Well, this afternoon Ben began to fight off a soar neck which began to turn into a migraine which put him outta commission in a dark room with no light or noise. We're all taking vitamin C & D3 and I went to get Ben some vitamin Niacin tonight (recommended by our chiropractor and I don't recommend taking it unless you consult a Dr. because there are side effects you should be aware of so you don't freak out). It must have worked because Ben's head ache is gone but he is all curled up on the couch next to me at 2am with horrible tummy pains (one of the side effects). He's kinda thinking he should have just fought off the migraine. It could have something to do with pizza and soda he had for dinner too tho (because he's been eating very healthy so his body isn't doing very well to all the "crap" he just put in his body when it wasn't at 100% to begin with) :). Either way, we are praying and resting and drinking lots of water. We're staying home tomorrow and the girls and I will be home until we're feeling better. We have a check up Dr. apt for Bryce's 6 month and Vanessa's 2 year on Weds. but if we're not feeling better I'm going to cancel. I don't want to expose any of us to anything else while our immune systems are low and I don't want to expose anyone to what we may have.
I hope to have more energy in the next few days and then I will be able to stair at this computer screen (which is making my eyes water as I type right now) and download more pictures for you all. There are many cute ones to come. Thanks for listening and thanks for everyone who has been praying for Grandma Collier!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry ya'll aren't feeling well. It sounds like you have the same stuff we do. Take it easy and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hey...I don't know if you've tried using Traditional Medicinal's Throat Coat or not. It's both a tea and a syrup. We've found that it helps our throats (we are using the syrup). Just thought I'd pass that along. You can buy it at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete