Background

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

To Breathe or NOT TO Breathe...

A soar throat, major head and sinus congestion, lots of head pressure, physical weakness, sensitivity to light and sound, no appetite, a fever, and the worst...you can't breathe out of your nose because it's clogged but your throat is so soar and dry that it hurts to swallow or breathe...but you HAVE to breathe!

This was me on Sunday and all day yesterday. It all began Thursday night with a mild soar throat and slowly progressed to the WORST COLD I'VE HAD IN YEARS!!! I cannot even remember the last time I was THIS SICK (I'm not counting the morning sickness I had 2 outta 3 of my pregnancies which is equally horrible but completely different). I felt so bad that I called Ben at work Monday morning and asked him to come home and take care of the kids (and me). I would never ask Ben to take time off of work for ME unless it was much needed (in fact, I think this was the first time). I was able to take a long morning and afternoon nap, he made me soup, made sure I was drinking a lot of water to replenish my body fluid (because I refused to swallow any mucus and was blowing my nose like a crazy person...I went thru 4 rolls of toilet paper!!!), and whenever I was awake I was able to just rest. He took care of all 3 kids and made sure everyone washed their hands a lot. Ben definatley won an award in my book yesterday for being the worlds BEST husband, daddy and Dr.!!! I strongly believe that because I was able to get a lot of sleep yesterday, because I drank a lot of water and because I blew all the mucus out that my body was able to fight it off better.
This morning I feel like a new person! I still have some head congestion and a bit of a headache but I'll take that over what I had the last two days. I am thankful I can breathe, thankful I can care for my children (and enjoy them) and overall I am just thankful to be on my way to being 100%.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously Jami...mine has been the same. And I agree...worst cold I've had in years. I also had to call Jeremy and ask him to try to get off early (first time ever for me too). I could barely get up to change diapers or get milk or anything. This has been a nasty one!

    I'm glad you are feeling better though. Keep drinking lots o water.

    Any news on your neighbor situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been diligent on taking my vitamin c & D3 so that may have helped too. So if your still fealing yucky then be sure to take your vitamins. :)
    Our neighbors are doing fine. I haven't had a chance to go over talk to them because I've been sick but I did notice that a security guy was over there this morning and I could HEAR the "chime" alarm every time they opened their door. hehe. It's very loud! lol
    I hope you all begin to feel better soon also!

    ReplyDelete