FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
This morning I softly opened your door
Reluctant to rouse you from sleep
Your blond hair all tousled from a little girl's dream
And your body curled up in a heap.
For a stolen moment standing there at your door
My mind reached back in time
To a little pink bundle cuddled up in my arms
And gentle hints of nursery rhyme.
Was it not a mere yesterday
You were learning how to walk
And I know it was just yesterday
We were teaching you to talk.
But somehow, I managed to waken you
To your breakfast waiting there
I dressed you in your finest clothes
And put braids in your hair.
Oh little girl, I love you so
And I know it isn't cool
To be so hesitant to let you go
On your very first day of school.
Author: Marilyn Ferguson
AUGUST 23rd, 2010
Kristina's First Day of School
Her school supplies
Kristina eating her oatmeal for breakfast and making silly faces.
Getting out of the car at school...Being silly as usual.
Kristina and Vanessa dancing on their way up to the door. They spun around to take a pix and this is what I got HEHE.
Playing in the main room before dismissing to individual classes.
Kristina's school shirt.
Eagles Nest Christian School.
Kristina in her classroom.
Kristina and I taking a picture. She was being such a ham!
Her teacher was the only one to decorate their door.
Nessa was NOT happy to be leaving Kristina and even more unhappy that she didn't get to go to school.
She wanted to see if she could see Kristina through the window's. They've been together almost every day so this is just as much of a change for Nessa as it is for Kristina.
Nessa and I did some "School" at home so she didn't feel left out. She got to color and learn some of her colors.
We didn't forget about Bryce. He got this toy for his birthday just recently and played with it for almost the whole time Nessa and I colored.
She survived her first day! This was after we picked her up and got her in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment