Background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

WOW! I finally have our blog up to date. WHEW! Now that all the pictures are posted let me fill you in on some exciting news that is going on for our family right now (no, I'm not pregnant again). :)

This past May Ben and I sold our home and moved in with my parents. It has been a change for all of us but we are SO VERY greatful to my parents for making this sacrifice to help us out. We have been looking at houses as we see them available on the MLS and have probably looked at about 10 or so. There was one 4/2/2 that we saw and it was in a great location and we went back twice to see it but neither Ben nor I had a true peace in our heart about it so we didn't make an offer.

We know what we CAN afford but our main goal for selling our other home was two fold.

#1-We have grown as a family and desired more space and

#2-Our desire is to work toward become debt free.

Ben and I sat down to see what we wanted to spend (instead of what we knew we were approved for). We wrote down some things we weren't willing to compromise on in a home and in the location and we gave ourselves some focus and vision for moving forward. We have been praying over this together and individually because what we desire for the price we desire to pay might seam a bit impossible to some (but we know we serve a MIGHTY GOD who doesn't know the meaning of impossibility). We are putting our trust that God will provide what we need, what we desire and for the price we feel is responcible for us.

Ben and I are BOTH on the MLS in the morning to see what is available and then again we run another search in the evening in case anything was added during the day. HOWEVER, last week our realtor, Casey (also my brother-in-law and the best realtor in town) sent us an email of a 4+den/2/2 that he saw just come on the market (before Ben and I saw it). We looked at it, immediately liked it, liked the location and liked the lot. We set up a time to go see it, loaded up all the kids, met Casey there, unloaded, walked up to the front door and met a very unhappy woman whose family was in the middle of dinner and she "HAD HER RIGHTS" didn't let us see the property. We were disappointed HOWEVER there was something inside me that said "This must be the one." That was last Thursday evening I think. It was basically just mis-communication between the listing agent and the renters in the home. Casey re-scheduled us and we went to see the house on Saturday afternoon. As Ben and I both walked in we felt a peace about the house. It was a floor plan we had seen before that Ben really loved (so I knew he'd alreayd love this one), it was clean, it was in great shape, it had all the major things we said we wouldn't compromise on, and the price was right! We left the showing and decided to put an offer on the home!!! That evening Casey came over with the paper work for us to sign and we are right now in the process of waiting for the listing agent to get the owners to sign off on our offer so they can then submit it to the bank. Once the owner signs off we are officially under contract, there will be no more showings until we hear if the bank approved our offer or not. Yesterday Casey spoke to the listing agent and the owner is in Canada and has verbally agreed to taking our offer to the bank (because this is a short sale property there is a lot more baby steps and a lot more waiting involved). The listing agent also verbally told Casey that she is telling others that the house is under contract and there aren't any more showings as of right now (Thank GOD because we don't want someone else to see the property and over bid us and then we'd be in a bidding war). The steps after that is a waiting period of anywhere from 45-90 days JUST to hear if the bank approves our offer. Then if they do we are begin the closing process which takes anywhere from 30-40 or days.
With all that said, if everything works out, we could possibly be in our new home by the end of this year. HOPEFULLY sooner but that's worse case senerio.

I have to tell you, Ben and I have SUCH peace about this house and this process. To me, even if it doesn't all work out, I feel like it's God saying there ARE houses out there for the size, the location and the price we desire and if this doesn't work out it's because he has something EVEN BETTER than this! In ALL my experiences like this in the past (from my first car to my first job to my husband to our first home to now) there has ALWAYS been a waiting and trusting period I've gone thru and God ALWAYS showed himself faithful and blew my mind. He always gave me better than I thought, more than I needed and what my heart desired. I think that's why I have such a peace about this process. I know God desires the best for us and if we are faithful in trusting Him and being patient to not just jump on the first thing we see that might fit then He will bless us beyond our belief.

So stay posted and  I will continue to update you on the home buying process!!

Oh, BTW, it is a 4 bedroom plus a den, 2 bathrooms, a indoor laundry room, a breakfast nook plus a dining room, the master bath has a shower and a tub, there is a lania under truss and a 2 car garage. The sq. ftg is 2251 under air and 26?? total. The lot is something like 105x660 and is almost completely cleared. We would live on a fairly quiet street (with only 6 houses total) and our street dead ends on a canal. The back yard is partially fenced in and there is currently a wooden playground that has the potential of staying (which would only be a bonus for us). We will be 3 min. from my parents and about 8 min from my sister and brother-in-law. The area is being built up and there are grocery stores, strip malls and businesses already in the works to be built. There is already a gas station/convenient store just 2 min. from our house. Ben will be within 30 min from work which he really likes! If there were pictures I would post them but if we ever get back in there I will take some and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment