Background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BIRTHDAY FESTIVITIES

THE CASTLE

Kristina wanted a Princess and the Frog themed birthday (not the Disney movie one just a design she found at a store). So I took the theme and ran with it.

I asked my dad for one of his big, empty A/C boxes from work. I was thinking I would cut out a one dimentional castle from one of the sides, decorate it and hang it on the wall as a decoration and let the kids take pictures in front of it. Well, my dad brought me home 2 BIG boxes and my mind began to run of ideas of a huge, 3D castle the kids could go into and play in. I asked him for one more of the tall ones and he had one. The Thursday before her party I spent the whole afternoon (while the kids were napping) and that whole evening (well into the morning...I think like 1am) because I knew I wouldn't get anything done when the kids were awake the next day and I had a lot of other stuff to do to prepare for her party.

I drew my idea on paper, I began cutting out portions of boxes, duct taping them all together, I made a draw bridge, I got it all put together and then I took wrapping paper and brown paper and wrapped the whole thing. Then I added a little art and the whole thing just came together. I was REALLY happy with it. The girls and Bryce played in all afternoon/night.

Here are some pictures:









For Kristina's party, all the girls were coming dressed as Princesse's. I had an old dress that didn't really fit Kristina any more so we decided to let Nessa wear that dress and I found a BEAUTIFUL Princess dress ON SALE for Kristina. Here she is showing her daddy her dress.

Nessa is wearing her dress too. I had to crop the pix a little because Nessa's dress ripped and her girlie part was showing. My sister fixed that for us for the party. Thanks Aunt MONICA!
Kristina let Nessa try her dress on and Kristina put the little dress on. Kristina likes to wear a shirt under the dress because she sais they're "Itchy".

Now ONTO THE PARTY!
THE CAKE:
We had about 45 people/kids coming to her party so we got a big cookie cake and the girls and I made cupcakes the night before.
I saw these online and just HAD to make them for the party. Aren't they ADORABLE?!
The mouths are a lime slice candy, the eyes are made up of green spice gum drops cut in half, mini marshmellows and chocolate cips. The crowns are starburst that I cut and stuck on a toothpick. It was time consuming but worth every second!


THE SPREAD:
I forgot to take pictures before we devoured most of it but here's most of it.
I thought up a Princess name for each food item and made name tags to put by them. This was a Snow While's Apple Fruit Salad
I made pigs in a blanket and labelled it Jasmine's Tiger Tails. I also made mac-n-cheese with shell pasta and called is Ariel's Seashell Roni.
I was going to order nuggets from Publix (our local grocery store) but to add to the theme I decided that I would order nuggets in the shape of a crown from Burger King. It was the same price and was a big hit. I called it the "Prince's Platter". I also ordered a sandwhich ring from Publix and called it Tiana's Tiny Sandwhiches.

I had a veggie tray along with lettuce if they wanted to make a salad and called it Belle's Garden Salad.
Not pictured is:
 Pink punch that I labeled "Princess Potion"
Texas Caviar (which is a veggie and bean chip dip) and labeled it "Cinderella's Caviar"
A Taco Bean dip I called "Arora's finger pricking (I mean licking) good dip"


ONTO THE CRAFTS/GAMES:
I ordered Princess and Prince's crowns from Oriental Trading for the kids to make, decorate and put their names on. These were a big hit! Pictured is my nephew, Jack picking out what he wants to put on his. I didn't think to pull my camera out before this started so I missed Kristina making hers.
Here is her finished crown. She wore it for a while but it was hot out and she said it made her head sweat.
Here are some of our friends/guests.
Vanessa in her crown.
Our friends Tylar (on the left) and Nicole (on the right) whose birthdays are only days apart from each other and 6 weeks before Kristina's.
Little Kaylee making a crown.
Jonathon in a Prince crown and Kristina's 2nd twin cousins, Brinley and Avery Faith in their crowns.

PIN THE CROWN ON THE PRINCESS:

Once again, I started with the birthday girl first and forgot to have someone take pictures. So we got Nessa taking a turn.
Kristina was my big girl helper. She helped each one of her friends spin and then walk up to the picture.
Here she was making sure her friend wasn't peaking. :)

PINATA TIME:
I ordered a frog pinata and Kristina said "Mommy the froggie needs a Prince crown." So I drew the crown on construction paper and Kristina cut it out and we taped it on. Good job Kristina! The pinata was one of those that your supposed to beat to break. I found directions to convert it into a string pull pinata (since these kids are right around 2-4 years old). The girls helped me cut a flap in the bottom, cut the string, tape the sting on the flap, put the candy in and tape it shut. It was a lot of fun with
the girls helping me.
Everyone got a string and pulled and candy came raining down!
Princess Kristina and her loot.


TIME TO SING TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Kristina
Happy Birthday to you
Kristina, Nessa and some friends enjoying their cookie and cupcakes

PRESANT TIME
Presants on the left and goodie bags on the right. The girls helped me open all the bags, put all the goodies inside and put the stickers on to close them. Again, lots of fun memories with my girls!
Kristina was SOOO dramatic when she opened her cards and presants. She wanted me to read all the cards to her and she would make these cute facial expressions and say things like "Awe" "so cute" and "how sweet". It was hilarious!
All her friends wanted to help her open her gifts and kept creeping closer but Kristina only let her sister, Nessa, stand next to her and help her open all her gifts. It was so sweet and I was SO proud of Kristina for not being selfish on her day and wanting her sister to be a part of it.

THE AFTER PARTY:
After most of the guests left we kicked back with some family and a few close friends and got silly. Here is  my dad and Ben.
My sis, Monica and my bro-in-law, Casey.
Aunt Monica and Kristina being silly (I think this picture is a GREAT representation of all the sugar Kristina ate that evening).
I should mention that Kristina got really hot in her Princess dress and wanted to take it off but she still wanted to be a Princess and wear a dress. So we put this one on her.
Upsi-daisy
More Hand Stands.
This is a GREAT picture to end the night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment