Background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lost and Found

Hello Everyone. Sorry it's been a few weeks. I have LOST my camera :( I'm SOOO bummed. Here's a little update on what's been going on (but without pictures).

My darling brother-in-law, Jon Coakley flew out last Friday to GA. for some safety training and then is leaving THIS weekend to fly over to Afghanistan for 1 year. He will be back in 6-8 months or so for some vacation time but we are reallly missing him. He worked for many years for the telephone company down here and is now going be to a phone/Internet tech over in Afghan as a contractor. His wife, Alisha, and boys, Jack (3) and Nate (2) are doing ok. It's been more hard on my sister-in-law. Thankfully since he's still here stateside this week they've gotten to talk and skype so that's helped.
Ben and I plan on seeing them a few times a month and keep them well taken care of while Jon is out of the country. They were supposed to come over tonight but have a super cool play ground being delivered so they may not make it. We'll re-schedule that for Sunday afternoon/evening. The girls simply love getting to see their cousins so much more often.

On another note, Ben had the week of Labor Day off. He got to take Kristina to school and pick her up with us, which Kristina loved. We ran errands, took care of some chores we were needing to get done, we spent time with his brother (that was Jon's last week here) and he just had a blast being off of work and around his family. He said it was one of his favorite times off of work because we didn't have anything planned, we stayed home and just relaxed. We did a ton of stuff and it made the week feel like two weeks.

His last day of vacation was this past Sunday and we took the girls to a Family Fun Night at our local ice skating rink. It was their first time ice skating and they had the time of their life!! So did Ben and I. They had these kids helper things that they could hold onto while on the ice and it kept them from falling down. Ben and I would be leaning over and pushing them most of the time and it was a VERY proud moment when both the girls figured out how to push themselves with it. A few times they both ditched the helper thing and just skated while holding onto our hand but then went back to it. UNFORTUNATELY I have lost my camera and wasn't able to take pictures with it. I did take my dads camera and was able to get in 2 pictures before the battery died :( BUMMER. As soon as I'm able to get his camera again I'll download those pictures and post them on here.

This week I started back up at the gym. I go 3 days a week, Monday, Weds. and Friday while Kristina is at school. Nessa and Bryce both go into the child day care at the YMCA while I work out and they both really have been enjoying it. Yesterday I did a 5K on the treadmill!!! (That's 3.5 miles). I ran a little over 1 mile total and just fast walked the rest. I did it in intervals where I'd run for 4 min. then walk for 4, then run for 5, then walk for 5. It was hard work and I really had to push myself to finish but I am SUPER excited that I accomplished it. My goal is to run a 5K this winter and I desire to be able to run the whole thing. I'm giving myself 3 months to train. After yesterday I'm pretty confident I'll get there. Tomorrow I'm going to run it again and push myself to run even longer bursts of time. After I finish running I do some strength training so I'm not just doing cardio. Gonna get rid of this baby bump (which is really just a fat bump now LOL). Gonna get all flat and fit and then get prego again! LOL I did it with Nessa, lost my belly and got prego so I know I can do it.

We love you all and miss everyone who doesn't live here. HUGS HUGS HUGS from all of us XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment