August 28th my cousin got married in Knoxville, TN. Congratulations Adam and Stephanie Brett!! When planning our trip we decided that Ben and the kids would stay home. Kristina just started school so we didn't want her to miss 2 days right at the beginning and when all the planning was done we wouldn't have any room for me to bring Bryce with me in the vehicle we all were driving in. I flew up with my parents and we met my sister, brother-in-law and nephew in TN (they drove over from Bama and we all rode together). There was also a bunch of other family on my dads side that stayed at the same hotel we were at (my dad is 1 of 9 and I am the oldest grandchild of 17 or 18 and there are 4 great grand kids...so if I took the time to name everyone it would take up this whole blog HEHE. You all know who you are! XOXO). I didn't take any pictures of the wedding because I was right up front at this HUGE Beautiful Baptist church and didn't want to make a scene but it was a very beautiful ceremony with a lot of ancestral history woven through it. I loved it!
This weekend was all about FAMILY. My most favorite moments were just sitting down with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles and just talking. It's been years since I've seen some of them and years since we've all been together like that. One night we all just sat around the pool, ordered some pizza and talked. I wish I would have taken more pictures but when I DID download the pictures when I got home, I realized there was ONE THEME that overtook my camera lens.
MY NEPHEW! Blake is 11 moths here. He will be 1 year this month, Sept. I got to spend the most of my time with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and baby boy Blake. I miss my sis and her family because they live in Alabama and I've only gotten to see my nephew 3 times. Here are a bunch of pictures of my fun weekend with Blake!
Here he is riding in on our luggage!
We flew in on Friday so that night we all went out to eat and had a little (early) birthday celebration for Blake. Then we went to Target and bought him some presents. Here he is with one from Uncle Ben and I.
This is my bro-in-law, Brian (Blake's daddy, my sisters hubby). We also got him a drum and some other musical instruments and Brian was opening it so Blake could play with it (we weren't even out of the store before Blake had that toy and was banging on it).
Little Drummer Boy!
My sister, Krystal and I
Blake brushing his teeth (if he even sees someone brushing there's he gets all excited and wants his brush too). It's very cute.
Here is Blake with his parents :) He looked so darn handsome!!!
This is the beautiful church in the background where my cousin, Adam, got married.
Here he is just running back and forward between our rooms. We had a door that inter joined our rooms and he just spent the whole weekend going between the two (and running up and down the halls).
Aunt Jami and Blake!!
(OK sisters, sister-in-law, and all my brother-in-laws...I have THREE nephews now. Whose gonna give me a niece or two or three??? HMMMM??? I gave you all TWO nieces and ONE nephew! THAT'S RIGHT!!!)LOL
MUAH MUAH
SMOOCHIE SMOOCHIE
KISSY KISSY
He is a PERFECT combination between my sister and Brian. I can TOTALLY see both of them in him!
Ruling the Halls!
Sisterly Lovins!
Just chilling with dude, playing with toys.
AT THE PARK
Krystal and Brian had forgotten their camera when we went out that Sunday afternoon so I got to take lots of pictures of Blake on the play ground. Here they are!
AWE!
This was the coolest thing ever. You can climb it or sit in it and IT SPINS!!
Papa Brett (my dad) just chilling under the tree. My mom was right next to him but she moved right before I took the shot (they didn't know I was gonna take it).
One of my favorite pictures of dad!
Grandpa and his grandson (my dad had 3 girls and his first two grand babies were girls. So he's now loving having 2 grandsons. This one he just doesn't get to see as often. So Blake got TONS of lovins this weekend from ALL of us!!)
This thing you could hang from and it spun around. Dad and Brian went to check it out. We saw some teenage boys sitting on the top...so it holds up!
Here he is after nite nite bath time looking all suave in his towel wrap LOL (daddy was holding it together in the back).
I really enjoyed the trip and being on "vacation" but I really missed Ben and the kids. I was glad to get home and see them all. That was the longest I'd EVER been away from my family before.
No comments:
Post a Comment