Background

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

IT'S POTTY TIME!!!
Yesterday I decided to really huncker down and attack this "potty training" stuff. Kristina has been "practicing" since she was 2 but it's been spiratic. She'd be great for a few days or a week and then nothing. So I decided to take this week to really be purposful in training her.
Beginning when she woke up yesterday, she sat on the potty and did #1 AND #2!!! I was SOOO proud of her! So I set an alarm for every 30 min. and wether she had to or not, we sat on FREDDIE the FROGGIE. You can't really see him in this picture. She went #1 (8) different times yesterday and #2 twice!!! She wore the same panties ALL DAY and had NO accidents.
Today is ROUND 2. So far so good! Vanessa, as you can see, is VERY interested and even sits on our other potty. Sometimes I'll even take Vanessa's diaper off and she thinks that's sooo much fun. She'll sit on her potty and them jump and and cheer for herself while pointing at the potty. It's very cute!! (I have a feeling Vanessa will potty train herself MUCH earlier than Kristina has since she has a big sissy to imitate).
Last night I had a meeting I had to go to so Ben was amazing how he jumped right into the swing of things and kept up with the training. He called me that night while I was pulling into my meeting to tell me she went #1 and #2 for him! I could tell in his voice that he was just as thrilled as I was that morning when she did that for me. I was so excited that Ben got to be a part of that excitement :).
Kristina now will hear the alarm, run to the bathroom, turn the light on all by herself, pull down her panties and sit on Freddie. When she's all done she'll pour her "business" into the big potty, wipe herself and flush the toilet and then put the Freddie bowl in the sink for me to rinse out. I feel like she's SOOO grown up!!! Are we officially down to only 1 in diapers??? MIGHT BE!! (except for nap time and nite time...we're still using pull-ups "just in case". Until she starts waking up dry all the time).
Just thought I'd share these wonderful and intimate details with all of you :).

No comments:

Post a Comment