Background

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FUN IN THE SUN

Ben has 3 day weekends now so on Friday's when he's off we try to take the girls to the beach, the pool or do something fun with them. This Friday was a windy day but we still had lots of fun. We saw 3 dolphin just off shore which was really cool. Kristina loved this little water bucket and kept filling it up with water and bringing it back to a hold her and daddy dug. She LOVES the beach. This trip was the first time she went swimming in the ocean with mommy and daddy. Well, it was more like jumping waves than swimming :).
Vanessa just LOVES the beach also (thankgoodness...I have 2 beach bunnies!!). Her first trip as an infant she didn't like the sand and would cry but now favorite thing to do is find shells and run to the water to throw them in. She would stand and do that for hours! This is daddy making sure she didn't go too far in. There was a bit of a drop off close to the shore there. Vanessa would rather stay on shore and throw shells than go swimming in the water. When it was time to leave they both were really upset and wanted to stay. We ALL had a good time. Vanessa takes after her daddy in the fact that just a little bit of sun and the girl tans! She is darker than mommy right now.

Here is a short video of Ben digging a trench for water to fill up a hole. The girls had fun helping (even if some of the help was counter productive). As you can tell I kept myself out of pictures for now :) Lets wait until after little man Coakley arrives and I get back into my pre-baby body before I start taking pix of me in a bathing suite :) tehehe.

1 comment:

  1. I love the video and would love to see more of them! I just can't believe how fast the girls are growing. Thank you for your time and effort at sharing with us!
    Love you, Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete